Friday, August 7, 2015

And baby makes 11 Actual Birth Story

  July 26th 2015 what a blessed day.
With having delivered 6 other beautiful little girls, you would have thought that number 7 would be nothing. That and the fact I myself have attended, witnessed and or assisted in a couple of hundred births, I probably shouldn't have been nervous at all. The truth is, I was nervous.  As excited as I was to get this baby in my arms and out of my tummy I was just as nervous. It has been a very rough six months in my life and I was concerned baby would give me troubles.
  My due date came and went, with some back aches and a few days of contractions. I wasn't at all sure when it would be the "time". My alarm was turned on for 7:34 a.m. to get up and get ready for church. However I was awakened just two hours earlier at 5:30 a.m.
  Feeling this was probably IT, I went to the bathroom and proceeded to hook the hose up to fill up the pool, and set other things up. Contractions were coming about every 2 minutes. One of my daughter's had woke up to use the bathroom and got excited (she wanted to be the first to hold baby) but I shooed her back to bed, or so I thought. After I set up my worship music and all things baby, I decided to wake my husband up at 7:00.
  He came into the room with me and I got into the birth pool. Contractions quickly got stronger, I was able to talk in between them, if I wasn't resting. I do not remember what I said to make my husband decide it was time to start video taping, however I do recall yelling head the head is out. He began to yell someone come in and help me turn the video camera on.
   I told him to Fogel about it and get in the pool, haha don't think I will ever forget that! My older daughter came running in but she was to late. At 7:34 a.m. the exact time we were set to wake up baby Cozette Rebecca Joy (7lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches) entered this world earthside.
  She did have her cord wrapped around the neck slightly but she was fine. She latched right on to my amazement and my husband's and began nursing right in the pool.
  Within a half our the placenta was birthed and the cord cut. And while I got cleaned up my dear daughter Alyssa did get to hold her first.
   As always I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit and feel eternally grateful for our newest blessing and for a safe delivery with daddy getting to catch another one of his daughters, which is so very special.


  1. Congratulations!! What a beautiful birth story and new little one!

  2. Tiffany what an awesome morning you had and to have this beautiful baby on the Sabbath Day. a beautiful birth story

  3. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

  4. Congratulations :) What an exciting morning for your family! She looks beautiful.