Friday, September 7, 2012

Big Baby Hammock

  I first saw this very cool baby Hammock on Searching for Simplicity and thought, now that is very cool. We always have troubles with our little ones sleeping in a crib. It seems that as soon as I lay them down they are back up again. With Hadassah, we tried the Amby hammock, and while I understand the reasons for it being slightly elevated at the head level she never quit laid in it right. It just didn't give us the results we were hoping. Now granted our babies usually end up in bed with us at some point during the night, my true wish would be for a baby to sleep right beside us all night, not right with us all night.
Jamie (hubby) wasn't real keen on the idea of it being right by the window, but I love the idea. When the new baby comes along it will be to small to reach up, even to the top of the Hammock. And Syhven and Hadassah are both old enough to be told, not to touch.
notice how little much space it takes up? This is very important in our room. Plus I can have it right beside my bed, higher or lower, either way.
I have always thought that a hammock would give more of a "being held" feeling, versus laying flat in a crib. Not to mention the fact, that our room is quickly running out of space with baby dressers and what not already taking up so much space. I thought this Hammock could be the answer to our problems, and look good while doing so.
Notice the beautiful detail lining.I love the front pocket, it is the perfect size for a couple of diapers and a travel size diaper wipe pack. For the middle of the night changing. Sure will make it a lot easier then having to get up and out of bed.
Hadassah loved getting in the Hammock and trying it out, as soon as it was hung.


A few days later she even fell asleep in the Hammock.

It also came with a very handy travel bag, for times spent at grandma's or you could even take it outside if you spend a lot of time outside, hang baby in the tree while you lounge next to him/her in your own hammock.

Syhven is now 17 months old. She has been put to bed in a crib each night. I have yet to get a full nights sleep since before she was born, not one! Until just a couple of nights ago. I woke and realized it was daylight, I was scared. I quickly sat up and peered in, fast asleep my little girl was. I was so very happy. I thought about trying to get a quick picture, however I was scared she would wake up ;-)
I would highly suggest anyone to buy this amazingly beautiful and very easy Hammock for their little ones. It is large enough for twins, and or an older child, holding up to 44lbs, so it can grow with your baby. Also you can remove the the Hammock cloth material and wash it. You can't do that with a crib.
I would love to take all that is written off of the site, because I would love to tell you everything. However I urge you to go straight to their site and fully read everything. It is truly amazing.
A little side note, one of my daughter were named Gala Lee, after the Galilee in Israel. This beautifully handcrafted Hammock is also made in Galilee. She loves that!

If you go to the site HERE to check out the Hammock (trust me you won't be sorry) She has so graciously agreed to give a special price ($155 free shipping from Israel) to those who mention seeing this review on my Blog, just email here for the special price!


3 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm so glad to hear that it is as wonderful as I thought it would be! So glad to see others spreading the word!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great piece of art. So comfy and child friendly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that hammock, how much this item, im interested to buy.

    ReplyDelete