Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I Opened The Door to The World

 I suddenly feel as if I have been under attack. Not only that but I have surrendered without even realizing it. I don't know when it started or how it has gone on so long without my realizing it but it has. Things have been changing and I have allowed it to be so.
  The world was knocking on my door and not only did I answer, but somehow I invited it in! I don't mean on the T.V. or music. I mean into my mind and into my heart! She was a sweet temptress and I was prime for the tempting. I allowed the world to make me feel discontent with my life, with my children, with schooling, with everything. I can't believe I am saying this. My heart is supposed to be guarded against such things. I should know better. My focus was not fully on the Lord, but more on myself. Why does the evil one attack when we are in such a good place, why doesn't he just leave my home alone? What am I to do, things have taken on a life of their own, choices have been made that I suddenly am regretting. How do I get things back the way they were? How do I keep from such things from happening again? I was making such progress in other area's in my life and now this. Pray for me my friends, pray for me to get back the love the contentment, the peace.
  As uncomfortable as it was to be honest, I feel better. I feel a relief. I said it, I got it. Now for the hard part, I move forward, and give my whole heart back to the Lord. Put my focus back on my worship and my family a little more than it has been lately.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, hugs to you. Unfortunalty that sneaky devil has a way of creeping into our lives in the most unsuspecting ways. He will use every tool he's got ESPECIALLY on those trying to lead Godly lives. I've been there so often. It's a constant battle. I'll be praying for you. If you need to talk feel free. I'm a good listener! Good for you for realizing his control on you. Knock him down and lead on!

    ReplyDelete